Quinoa with Watercress, Pears, and Pomegranates
This dish combines quinoa with the delicious flavor combination of sweet pears, tart pomegranate seeds, and peppery watercress.
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Cups water
- 1 1/2 Cup packed watercress leaves
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 Cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain. Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until quinoa is tender and all the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Place quinoa in a large bowl with watercress, pears, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, juice, and vinegar. Stir to combine, then serve.