This spin on the classic Middle Eastern salad, "tabbouleh," swaps traditionally used bulgur wheat (which you could also use) for nutritional, superstar quinoa, which is high in "complete protein," meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids. Serve it as a dinner side dish or store it covered in the refrigerator for a healthy and filling go-to snack.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup seeded and finely diced tomatoes
- ½ cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 3 tablespoons slivered fresh mint leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
In a small bowl or cup, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
In a serving bowl, toss together the quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, scallions and mint. Add the dressing, toss until evenly coated, and serve.