Quick and Easy cheese Danish is a great recipe to have in your repetoire. It is fabulous as a breakfast or brunch item but also serves well as a dessert pastry which pairs well with both tea and coffee. These are simple to make for a Holiday morning and your family with really enjoy the addition of fresh berries, fruit compote or even jam!
- 2 cans (8-ct) ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 Ounces Cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup fresh berries
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or water
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously grease a 9"x13"-inch baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan, pressing together the seams.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the crescent rolls.
- Optional: Add about 1 cup of raspberries, blueberries, mixed berries or apples and cinnamon fresh fruit or fruit compote onto the cheese layer prior to baking.
- Carefully lay the second pack of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese mixture. Brush the top layer with egg white to ensure even browning.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- While the danish is baking, combine the glaze ingredients: 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk (or water) and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well. Set aside to thicken.
- Once the danish is removed from the oven allow it to cool for 20 minutes before topping with the glaze. Serve warm or cold.