- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Cup shredded Gruyere cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange a layer of potatoes in the bottom of a small casserole dish. Sprinkle with a portion of the cheese, some of the garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat for 2 more layers. Add the chicken stock. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 20 minutes until brown.