PointsPlus Spring Vegetable Soup with Pesto Recipe
A touch of pesto adds a bright note to this delicious French-inspired soup. Swirl it in at the end for the most flavor.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium leeks, white and green parts only, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 64 ounces canned chicken broth
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cups green peas, fresh or frozen
- 19 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14 ½ ounce-can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 teaspoons store-bought pesto sauce or homemade pesto
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; add leeks, celery, carrots, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
Stir garlic into pot; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and increase heat to high, bringing it to a boil. Stir in zucchini, peas, beans, and tomatoes. Cook until flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
Serve soup with pesto, swirled into top.