Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies
These buttery cookies are a festive green color for the holidays.
For more recipes, visit Taste of Home.
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 3 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/3 Cup shelled pistachos
In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg, lemon peel, vanilla, and food coloring. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-1/2-inch-long roll. Roll in chopped pistachios. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole pistachio into the center of each cookie.
Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.