Sweet-tart pineapple adds a nice balance to a classic gazpacho. A garnish of macadamia nuts lends body and richness to this fresh, cooling soup.
- 3 Cups chopped pineapple
- 3 Cups chopped, seeded, and peeled cucumber
- 1 1/2 Cup pineapple juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced scallions, white parts only
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped macadamia nuts, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, for garnish
Put the pineapple, cucumber, pineapple juice, oil, lime juice, jalapeño, and salt into a blender and purée until smooth. Add the scallions and purée just until combined. Transfer the soup to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the macadamia nuts and cilantro.