- 6 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large leek, trimmed, washed, and thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chunky basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly butter a 9-inch pie plate and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until they are soft. Transfer the leeks to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
Whisk the eggs and cream together in a medium-sized bowl. Add the leeks along with the ricotta, Parmesan cheese, pesto, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
Melt the remaining butter. Lay one sheet of phyllo in the prepared pie plate. Brush the phyllo with the melted butter, leaving the outer 1 ½-inch rim unbrushed. Repeat with seven more sheets of filo.
Trim the edges to match the shape of the pie plate and pour in the filling. Brush the top of the phyllo rim with butter, and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the filling has set. Cool before serving.