- 4-4 ¼ pounds lobster meat (about one lobster per person)
- 1 celery rib, chopped very finely
- Squeeze of lemon
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Pearl Oyster uses Hellman’s/Best Foods)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 top-loading hot dog buns, preferably Pepperidge Farm
Rough chop the lobster meat into ½- to ¾-inch pieces and add to a bowl with the celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Cover and store the lobster salad in the refrigerator until you need it, but no longer than overnight.
To prepare the sandwiches, melt the butter on low-medium heat in a small saucepan. Place the hot dog buns on their sides in the butter. Flip the buns over a couple of times so that both sides soak up an equal amount of butter and brown evenly. Remove the buns and stuff them with the lobster salad.