- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Cups pure cane sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup English toffee bits
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; mix together and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl with each addition. Add in vanilla extract, and then slowly add in flour mixture. Fold in toffee bits.
Drop cookies by rounded tablespoons onto a lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten with a wet fork, making a crisscross pattern. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Place 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute until melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Drizzle chocolate with a clean fork, in a quick back and forth motion, over each cookie.
Place cookies in the refrigerator 10 minutes to harden chocolate. Once chocolate hardens, layer cookies in an airtight container, placing waxed paper between each layer.