Pasta salad is fantastic on a hot, summer day. This seasonal recipe comes together fairly quickly and can serve a small crowd. The crunch of raw asparagus, the sweetness of summer tomatoes, and the peppery fragrance of basil combine to make a satisfying, delicious appetizer or side dish.
See all tomato recipes.
- 1 Pound fusilli
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- One 6-ounce container nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch basil, chopped roughly
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, stemmed and sliced on a bias
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season with salt until it tastes like the sea. Add the fusilli and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta.
In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, and white balsamic vinegar until well blended. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the pasta with the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.