These are our antidote to the post-holiday blues: margaritas that are just different enough to make any long Thursday feel like the start of a four-day weekend, are excellent for serving a group of friends, and can be assembled in mere minutes.
We’ve been making these for four years and we still can’t think of a better way to sample summer melons. When they are perfectly in season, you don’t even need the agave — your juice will be sweet enough as is. Now, where’s the pool?
- 8 cups fresh, chopped watermelon, about 1 small seedless melon, plus wedges for garnish
- 1 ½ cups premium white tequila
- Juice of 5 limes, about 2/3 cup juice, plus more slices for serving
- ½ cup triple sec
- 2 teaspoons Maldon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup, to taste
- Ice, for serving
- Kosher salt, for the rims
Purée the watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain into a pitcher and then add the tequila, fresh lime juice, triple sec, and a pinch of salt. Test for sweetness, adding agave syrup if the watermelon juice is not sweet enough. Chill for at least one hour before serving. Mixture will separate so mix well before serving over ice in glasses with salted rims, a slice of lime, and a wedge of watermelon.