- 12 Ounces dried orecchiette pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 1 Cup sugar snap peas or snow peas, strings removed
- 1 Cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes; reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and then drain well. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add peas and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes more.
Transfer vegetables, green onions, cheese, salt, and pepper to bowl with pasta and toss well, adding some of the reserved pasta water, if needed, for moisture. Serve hot.