Taco Bell Launches First Dollar Menu with Fritos Burrito
Welcome to twenty-first-century fast food menus, Taco Bell. Taco Bell has announced the nationwide launch of its first-ever dollar cravings menu, complete with mini quesadillas, cheesy roll-ups, and the new Beefy Fritos Burrito (yes, a burrito with Fritos inside for extra crunch). The 11-item menu starts Monday August 18, and is apparently aimed at millennials.
Whereas most fast food chains are moving away from dollar and 99-cent menus, the Dollar Cravings menu, according to NRN, is made up of “craveable and quality value items,” that are supposed to appeal to 20-somethings, since they drive more than half of Taco Bell’s sales. The newest millennial marketing lure may actually be raising average prices for consumers, since so many of Taco Bell’s specialty menu items are already under $1.
Other “craveable” dollar menu items from Taco Bell include the Spicy Tostada, Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Tacos and dessert items like Cinnamon Twists and Caramel Apple Empanadas.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them