Man Raises $10k on Kickstarter to Make Potato Salad
We are not really sure what to make of this. Zack Danger Brown has defied the laws of cool startups (like a wristwatch that synchs to your iPhone, and toys designed for female engineers) to start a Kickstarter campaign for making a potato salad. There’s nothing fancy about this Kickstarted potato salad — it isn’t made with caviar or gold flakes, and it wasn’t handcrafted by the stars of Chopped. Nonetheless, the simple potato salad Kickstarter has raised $9,555 — far surpassing Brown’s original $10 goal.
Right now, the goals for the Kickstarter include “I will try two different potato salad recipes” for $100, “better mayonnaise from the natural foods section” a $1,000 live stream of the potato salad process, and a $3,000 potato salad for the whole Internet!
Who knows what Brown will do with his newfound fortune? We sense a potato salad kitchen franchise in his future!
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time