Hideki Matsui Left a $700 Tip at Tavern on the Green
Former Yankees hitter Hideki Matsui reportedly left a whopping $700 tip on his bill at Tavern on the Green on Sunday night, reports The New York Post.
A source told Page Six that Matsui’s bill came to $1,700, making his tip a generous 41.2 percent of the bill.
The bill reportedly covered a table of 12, and “the table paired the meal with Laphroaig single malt whisky and wine,” Page Six adds.
Just over a month ago, Tavern on the Green’s talented but mismatched executive chef Katy Sparks “amicably parted ways” with the restaurant, and Tavern’s co-owners announced that they were in the process of interviewing candidates for the position.
“We need someone who has no conflict with the volume and the criticism and the pressure, who thrives on it,” Mr. Caiola told The New York Times in September. To date, Tavern on the Green has not publically announced a replacement.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time