Dominique Ansel Will Open a Bakery in Tokyo by Summer 2015
On Wednesday afternoon, the New York City-based Cronut mastermind and overall pastry pioneer Dominique Ansel announced on Instagram that for his next venture, he’s headed to Japan. Ansel’s first international store and second-ever location of Dominique Ansel Bakery will be in Tokyo, Japan, and is slated to open in summer 2015.
“This is something that means a lot to me and [Tokyo is] a city that every pastry chef aspires to,” wrote Ansel of his expansion to Tokyo.
The bakery will be located in Omotesando Hills, a deluxe shopping complex in an area of the city occasionally referred to as “Tokyo’s Champs-Élysées.”
“I'm grateful to our partners: TSI Holdings and Transit General (whom you may know for their accomplishments in fashion and food),” continued Ansel.
“There will be something created just for Tokyo, and I will personally see every aspect of development. I can't wait to personally welcome everyone on opening day.”
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them