New York-Style Pizza Sauce
Want to know the secret to New York-style pizza? It's all in the sauce. This recipe makes it easy to replicate.
Tony Gemignani is a 9 Time World Pizza Champion and owner of Tony's Coal-Fired Pizza, Tony's Napoletana, and Pizza Rock.
- One 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, including the juice from the can, the tomato paste, olive oil, basil, oregano, sugar, garlic, and salt. Whisk together so the tomatoes become soft and everything is well incorporated. Taste and add more salt, if desired.
Use immediately, or store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months. Bring to room temperature before using.