More From JustLuxe:
- 10 Pounds cherry-stone clams
- 3/4 Cups water
- 3/4 Cups white wine
- 1/4 Pound bacon, diced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup celery, diced
- 1 1/2 Pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cups cream
- 1 Teaspoon chopped thyme
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Wash clams and steam in water and white wine. Remove, reserving the cooking liquid, and pick and chop clams.
Render bacon. Add butter and onion and sweat.
Add oregano, garlic, celery, and potatoes. Stir well.
Add flour to make a roux. Add reserved clam cooking liquid (clam juice) and cream. Cook until potatoes are tender and add clams, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper.