- 3 1/2 Pounds Sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated milk
- 1/2 Cup Lightly packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of Coarse salt
- 1-10.5 Ounce Package of miniature marshmallows
- 4 Ounces Unsalted butter
1. Wash the potatoes, pierce their skins with a fork, and place them in the
2. 360 by Americraft 4-quart stockpot. Add 1/3 cup of water to the pot. Cover the pot and place over medium heat.
3. Cook the potatoes until steam just begins to escape from under the lid. Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal. Immediately reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. (50 minutes) Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
4.Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Pierce the skins with a fork. Using the fork, tear the skins away from the potatoes. The peels should easily fall away.
5. Mash the potatoes in a large bowl with a potato masher. Leave them slightly chunky. Stir in the butter, evaporated milk, brown sugar, and salt. Stir to melt the butter and combine everything well. (This should yield 6-7 cups of mixed sweet potatoes)
6. Spray the 360 by Americraft 2.3-quart casserole lightly with vegetable spray.
7. Layer evenly, ½ of the sweet potato mixture in the bottom of the casserole. Layer ½ of the marshmallows on top of the potatoes. Spread the remainder of the sweet potatoes as the third layer.
8. Cover the casserole and place the pan on the Americraft Slow Cooker Base preheated to 2 ½. Cook the casserole until everything is heated through. (30-40 minutes)
9. Uncover the casserole and top it with the final layer of marshmallows. Turn on your broiler. Place the casserole on the center rack of the oven under the broiler. Do not leave this unattended. The marshmallows will toast quickly.
10. (Approximately 3 minutes) Rotate the pan to evenly toast all the marshmallows.
11. Remove the casserole from under the broiler. Return it, uncovered, to the slow cooker base to keep it warm. Reduce slow cooker base temperature to a 1 setting.