Move aside, tortilla chips, because there’s another sheriff in town when it comes to nachos. As you’ll see once you try this recipe, fries make the perfect substitution to nest refried beans, gooey Cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, and whatever else you feel like piling on.
- 1 1/2 Cup frozen fries, baked or deep-fried
- 1/4 Cup refried beans, heated
- 1/2 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or more if needed
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream, or more if needed
- Chopped olives, for garnish
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Sliced jalapenos, for garnish
Preheat the oven to broil.
Place the fries in a fry boat or a shallow bowl. Top with the refried beans and cheese and broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 1 minute. Top the melted fries with salsa and sour cream, and garnish with the olives, scallions, and jalapenos.