Mushroom and Bell Pepper Chicken with Linguine
Here's a quick and easy one-pot meal that's even better when bell peppers are in season. If you're not feeding a crowd for dinner, save leftovers for a fantastic take-to-work lunch the next day.
See all chicken recipes.
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Teaspoon dried tarragon, plus more to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon thyme, plus more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash of soy sauce
- 8 -12 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions and drained
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, tomato paste, oil, tarragon, thyme, and garlic. Microwave for 4-5 minutes, stirring once a minute. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
Add the bouillon, water, and Worcestershire. Place the chicken on top and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the mushrooms and peppers on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Break up into large chunks and tent with foil.
In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the flour and whisk. Add in the rest of the flour 1 tablespoon at a time and whisk. Add the juices from slow cooker and whisk to create a nice creamy sauce. Add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Season with more thyme and tarragon, to taste.
Pour the sauce into the slow cooker and stir in the chicken chunks. Stir in the hot linguine to combine. Serve and enjoy.