- 4 Pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 Cup finely minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup light molasses
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium-low heat for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, syrup, water, soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ginger, and red pepper flakes until blended. Stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
Add peanut butter; cook for 2 minutes or until peanut butter is melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
Add 10 briquettes to coals. Grill 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting ribs with sauce several times.
Tip: You can make the sauce the day before you need it; store in the refrigerator.