People love these hearty little sandwich wedges. The recipe is great for a party and can be made the day before.
— Gareth Craner, Minden, Nevada
For more recipes, visit Taste of Home
- 1 10-ounce jarpimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 2 4.5-ounce cans chopped ripe olives
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 Pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 Pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 Pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 Pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-inch shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks.