- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 Ounces Mexican chorizo, diced
- 1/2 Cup diced white onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 Teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 quart clam juice
- Two 15-ounce cans hominy, such as Goya, drained and rinsed
- 1 Pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the chorizo. Cook for 3 minutes. Then, add the onion and peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Then, add the flour and mix well.
Slowly add the clam juice and hominy, bring to a simmer, and let thicken slightly. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque. Remove from the heat and add the heavy cream and lime juice. Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.