Mediterranean Tuna Salad
A great way to serve this salad is to slice a 9-inch round focaccia in half horizontally, fill it with the tuna, and press a plate down on top of the round bread. Place a heavy can or weight on top for an hour, and the dressing will seep into the bread. Slice and serve.
- Four 6-ounce cans albacore tuna, drained well
- One 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 Cup chopped red bell or piquillo peppers
- 3/4 Cups sliced Greek olives
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 Cup chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and gently fold together until well combined. Serve on sliced bread as a sandwich or over a green salad.