The maple syrup in this recipe from Taste of Home adds just enough sweetness to mild out the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, and red pepper flakes. It also creates a sticky, crunchy crust on the wings that will have you licking your fingers dry after each one.
* The wings may be baked in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 3 Pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 2/3 Cups chile sauce
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Cut chicken wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine remaining ingredients. Set aside 1 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add the chicken to remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.* Brush with reserved marinade. Grill or broil, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.