Maple-Glazed Chicken Wings
The maple syrup in this recipe from Taste of Home adds just enough sweetness to mild out the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, and red pepper flakes. It also creates a sticky, crunchy crust on the wings that will have you licking your fingers dry after each one.
* The wings may be baked in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 3 Pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 2/3 Cups chile sauce
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Cut chicken wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine remaining ingredients. Set aside 1 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add the chicken to remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.* Brush with reserved marinade. Grill or broil, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.