- Two 1 1/2 pounds Maine lobsters
- 2 bunches spring onions
- 2 Cups mixed baby heirloom tomatoes
- 2 Ounces Calabria peppers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped with seeds removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 Cup good aged balsamic
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, julienned
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for seasoning
Split the lobsters in half and crack the claws. Season well with salt, pepper and olive olive oil and place on a hot grill. Cook the lobsters for approximately 10-12 minutes, until the meat pulls away from the shell. Remove from the shell, cut into bite sized pieces and marinate while warm with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and parsley leaves. Chill and reserve.
Season and grill the spring onions, if they are small split them in half and if the are large cut them in quarters. Cook them until they are tender.
In a medium sized sauce pot add sunflower oil and sweat the onions over a low heat. Add the oranges after 5 minutes and then the honey and cook until the honey is light brown, about 5 minutes. Add the orange juice, zest of the lemons, calabria peppers and bay leaf. Cook the mixture down over a low heat until it is jam like consistency. Reserve.
Quarter the baby tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and olive oil. To serve, toss the lobster with a tablespoon of jam, tomatoes, and onions and dress with salt, balsmic and olive oil.