In-N-Out Reopens After Illness Scare
A California In-N-Out restaurant was closed last week after nine people were hospitalized shortly after eating there, but it has now reopened after health officials investigated and said the illness did not originate at the In-N-Out after all.
As The Daily Meal previously reported, on Wednesday, May 10, an In-N-Out restaurant in Livermore, California, was voluntarily shut down for investigation after an entire college softball team came down with a mysterious illness shortly after eating there on May 6. The team all reportedly showed signs of gastroenteritis, which causes vomiting and diarrhea and is a common symptom of norovirus, which is a common variety of foodborne illness.
According to KRON 4, health officials are now saying the team most likely actually got sick before eating at the In-N-Out, they just hadn’t started showing symptoms yet when they got to the restaurant.
The In-N-Out reopened at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, after it was thoroughly cleaned to make sure the illness couldn’t spread, and employees are reportedly getting health screenings to make sure none of them contracted the illness.