What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• A guide to the classic ingredients and dishes of Ethiopian cuisine. [YumSugar]
• Veggie burger test kitchen: mushroom; soy; and bean patties. [Happy Healthy Life]
• Making traditional Southern biscuits in honor of The Help. [The Cooking Bride]
• Lasagna that is assembled and baked in a skillet — how cool is that? [Mind Over Batter]
• Fried choux pastry with pineapples and ginger-honey dipping sauce. [The Harried Cook]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.