For more recipes from Dawn, visit her website.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup diced yellow squash
- 1 Cup chopped asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Cup orzo pasta
In a large bowl add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the zest, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice; set aside.
In a small pot of salted boiling water, cook orzo according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the squash and asparagus, sprinkle with salt to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Set aside; keep warm.
Drain orzo; transfer to bowl with oil mixture. Stir in vegetables until well mixed. Season with salt, pepper, and additional lemon to taste.