Landlord Kills Tenant Over Pork Chops
There most likely have been arguments in the past about the right way to cook a pork chop, but not many of them have led to murder.
Fifty-five-year-old Thomas Matthew Hahn, of Holly Hill, Fla., who rented out most of his house to those recently released from prison on drug and alcohol charges, shot and killed one of his tenants this week after a spat on how to properly prepare the dish, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.
After the tenant, identified as Robert Gray, 38, returned to the house after a night of heavy drinking, he was heard arguing with Hahn about the right way to cook a pork chop. Shortly thereafter, three shots were fired, and when police arrived at about 10:30 p.m. they discovered Hahn sitting near Gray’s body.
There appears to be more to the story than whether it’s better to bake or pan-fry, however. Hahn apparently loaded his rifle right before Gray returned, and was prepared to shoot Gray if he returned home drunk.
"I didn’t want to be attacked anymore," he reportedly told police.
The pork chops appeared to be the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas