JR's Kale Salad Recipe
This salad is named after my dear friend Jeff Rapozza. I had this salad with him at an open-air market one day and it was divine. We bought some kale and tried to duplicate it the best we could. I think we did a pretty great job.
- ½ bunch kale
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ shallot, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Cut kale into thin slices, about ¼-inch wide. Toss kale with olive oil. Add the lemon juice and toss again. Add the shallots, cranberries, cheese, optional cherry tomatoes, and walnuts and toss by hand until the mixture is well-dressed. Taste and adjust quantities if needed.
Can be prepared a few hours ahead, but tastes best if prepared just before serving.