Jeremy Lin Nursed a Bud Light, and More Celebrity News
As Grammy celebrations wrap up, Linsanity continues, and Fashion Week comes to a close, here is some lighthearted celebrity news in our weekly mix.
• Rihanna celebrated her birthday with Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, and Chris Martin, slicing up some naughty cake — a giant joint with a tiny icing Rihanna riding on top. Not as bad as Miley Cyrus' phallic cake, for sure. [TMZ]
• Jeremy Lin celebrated Wednesday's win with a Dover sole dinner and sweets with the 'rents, followed by a Knicks party at Avenue. The Knick reportedly sipped from one Bud Light all night, ignoring the fawning fans and reportedly "seeming shy." Aww. [NY Post]
• In more Lin news, New York restaurants are creating Lin-inspired dishes, such as Lin-burgers, "Lings," "Lintinis," and also Shake Shack's "Jeremy Lin-Mint," a chocolate and mint cookie milkshake. Also, New York's BaoHaus has debuted a "Taiwanese Te-Bao." [SF Gate]
• Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth fessed up to loving fried food in a Details feature. As for White Castle? "In Australia, we used to always watch Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. I didn't know it was a real place. Epic." [Details]
• Rick Santorum was overheard asking whether the sushi was cooked while lunching at McCormick & Schmick's. He ordered the calamari, quesadillas, and tuna and California rolls, along with a Guinness. [Washington Post]
• Since food tweeting is all the rage, TV comedian Conan O'Brien decided to tweet a photo of his lunch every day, along with his Valentine's Day dinner with his executive producer. Our favorite? "Turkey patty, garlic broccolini, and roasted veggies. Not pictured: Boston Cream Pie with mayo." Look at you, being all healthy. Oh wait. [Twitter/Conan O'Brien]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.