Israeli Tomato Salad Recipe
This is a classic salad which every culture in the Middle East has a version of. Use a really good quality extra virgin olive oil and ripe tomatoes. You can use any tomato for this recipe.
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, toasted if desired*
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
In a non-reactive large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well. Serve immediately.