A little prepared horseradish lends a bit of a pungent kick to this easy-to-make salmon dish. Served with a simple cucumber salad, it's a healthy, delicious, light meal that you'll come back to again and again.
- 1 English seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise then cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 Cups olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup panko or coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Four 6-ounceboneless skinless salmon fillets
- 6 Ounces baby spinach
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with foil.
In a bowl, toss the cucumber with the vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the dill, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the panko, horseradish, and the remaining dill and oil. Season the salmon with remaining salt and pepper, and place on a cookie sheet, smooth side up. Press the panko mixture evenly on top of the fillets. Bake until golden brown on top and opaque throughout, about 8 minutes.
Toss the spinach with the cucumber mixture in a bowl and serve with the salmon.