Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
Use leftover grilled chicken and veggies from these kabobs to make salads or wrap sandwiches. Feel free to substitute with tofu or any other kabob-friendly meat or seafood you wish.
- 1/4 Cup honey mustard, plus more for serving
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 Pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Pound button mushrooms
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (6-ounce) packages rice pilaf mix, prepared according to package directions
If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 to 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Thread chicken, mushrooms, eggplant, onions and peppers onto skewers; brush all over with mustard mixture. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Arrange skewers on a platter over the rice pilaf and serve with honey mustard on the side for dipping.