Use leftover grilled chicken and veggies from these kabobs to make salads or wrap sandwiches. Feel free to substitute with tofu or any other kabob-friendly meat or seafood you wish.
- 1/4 Cup honey mustard, plus more for serving
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 Pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Pound button mushrooms
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (6-ounce) packages rice pilaf mix, prepared according to package directions
If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 to 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Thread chicken, mushrooms, eggplant, onions and peppers onto skewers; brush all over with mustard mixture. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Arrange skewers on a platter over the rice pilaf and serve with honey mustard on the side for dipping.