- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 30 Ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 Teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 Cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 Cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh cilanro
In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in chicken; heat through.
Garnish with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro.