Summer cocktails — though enchanting with their bright colors and fruity, sprightly flavors — can quickly derail you from your diet if you don't watch what you're drinking! Luckily, we have a recipe for you that won't pack on the calories nor make you feel like you're depriving yourself.
Want to see what wines are more phat than fat? Click here to read What to Drink to Stay Lean This Summer.
- 1 (750-ml) bottle merlot
- 1/4 Cup cup orange liqueur
- 1 unpeeled orange, thinly sliced
- 1 unpeeled lemon or lime, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks and juice
- 2 Cups naturally flavored lime or lemon-lime seltzer club soda
- handful fresh mint leaves
Combine the wine, orange liqueur, orange and lime slices, pineapple can, including chunks and juice, and fresh pint in a large pitcher. Stir, and store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
Discard mint leaves. Pour the chilled seltzer into the pitcher and stir to combine.
Serve over ice and garnish with fresh sliced fruit or fresh mint sprigs.