Skinny Pasta A La Lilli
If you are calorie-conscious but also a fan of pasta, there is an excellent option out in there in the form of Skinny Pasta. Made from the Konjac plant, an ancient Asian plant, Skinny Pasta comes in a variety of shapes. No matter the shape – spaghetti, fettucini, and lasagna are just a few of the options available – you choose, each serving of Skinny Pasta is only 9 calories.
Said Barb Axelson, Eastern Regional Manager for Skinny Pasta: “What better way to serve your natural, gluten and fat-free Skinny Pasta than by enhancing it with a simple, vegetable based scrumptious sauce? Endorsed by Weight Watchers, this is a perfect recipe for your Skinny Pasta, and with only 9 calories per serving you will be able to enjoy your pasta every day!”
Below is a recipe courtesy of Barb and the Skinny Pasta team, known as “Skinny Pasta A La Lilli.”
- Olive Oil spray
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- ½ cup of black olives (optional)
- ½ cup of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 packet of Skinny Pasta
- Spray Olive Oil spray on bottom of Sautee pan; add ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Add 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Add ¼ cup of diced tomatoes
- Cook until simmering for 10 minutes
- Add ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- Add 1 handful of fresh basil, shredded
- Add ½ cup black pitted chopped or sliced olives (optional)
- Add ½ cup of fresh mushrooms
- Add 1 cup of fresh, chopped baby spinach
- Add ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Rinse and drain your Skinny Pasta portion, then add it to this sauce
- Cook for 3 minutes
- Plate your meal with a piece of fresh basil on top.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and enjoy!
More recipes from the brand can be found at www.skinnypastausa.com.