- 4 slices double smoked bacon, cut about 3 inches long
- 4 stalks green asparagus, steamed and cut into thirds
- 4 stalks white asparagus, steamed and cut into thirds
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- Four 8-ounce pork chops
- 1 Teaspoon slivered garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small diced
- 24 Littleneck clams
- 2 Cups white wine
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Season the bacon with olive oil and grill about 3 minutes on each side. Set aside. Assemble four kebabs by skewering alternating 3 pieces of green and 3 pieces of white asparagus on each skewer. Place one piece of bacon and 2 roasted garlic cloves on the top.
Season the pork chops with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees for medium and 155 degrees for well done.
Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the garlic and peppers. Add the clams and white wine and cover. Allow the clams to steam until they are open, about 5 minutes. Add the parsley last and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To plate, place the pork chop down on the place and top with 6 clams. Spoon the pepper pan sauce on top and garnish with a kebab that has been warmed through on the grill.