Grilled Peach Barbecue Chicken Wings
These chicken wings from Taste of Home get a taste of the South, with smoky barbecue sauce and sweet peach jam.
- 2 Cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 chicken wings, separated at the joint and tips discarded
- 1 Cup peach jam, such as Smucker's
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce, or to taste
- Scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced, for garnish
In a food processor, combine the barbecue sauce and half of the garlic. Add the peaches and process until finely chopped. Season with about 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and about ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Reserve ½ cup for basting.
In a resealable plastic bag, toss together the chicken wings and the remaining peach barbecue sauce and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the peach jam, vinegar, remaining garlic, hot sauce, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, and let cool.
Drain and discard the marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and, using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush with sauce. Grill or broil, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Top with scallions and serve with peach jam dipping sauce.