- 1 Pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon plus two teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Juice and zest from one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 Teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat an outdoor grill, stove-top grill pan, or griddle to medium-high. Place the green beans in a large bowl, add 2 teaspoons of the oil and toss to coat the green beans with the oil. Place the green beans in a vegetable basket and place the basket on the grill or arrange the green beans on the foil or grill pan. Grill 3–5 minutes, turning frequently, until the green beans are golden brown and crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining tablespoon of oil, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest, shallots, mustard powder, and thyme.
Transfer the green beans to a large bowl, add the lemon vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.