- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 6.9 Ounces box chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 10.75 Ounces can cream of chicken soup
- 8 Ounces can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 Ounces can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 8 Ounces package pepper Jack cheese, shredded
Place chicken breasts in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until done.
Cool; shred meat and discard bones. Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with heavy-duty nonstick aluminum foil, allowing several inches of foil to extend over sides. Spread rice in prepared dish. Combine shredded chicken, soup, water chestnuts, green chiles, and sour cream in a large bowl; stir until blended.
Pour soup mixture over rice; top evenly with cheese. Cover and freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
Remove from baking dish by holding edges of foil; fold foil over casserole. Wrap in additional foil, making sure it is tightly sealed.
Freeze up to 1 month. To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place foil-wrapped casserole in a lightly greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
Uncover top, and bake 40 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated.