Typically, I don't love pasta salads because of their lack of flavor, but this delicious salad bursts with the sunshine of a Greek island. With the addition of raw spinach, feta cheese, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes, this is a perfect healthy salad served as a light lunch or as an accompaniment to grilled and roasted meats, chicken, and fish. The best news is that the flavors only improve when prepared the day before, which also makes this the perfect picnic or buffet salad!
See all salad recipes.
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Pound orzo
- 1 Cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 Cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped finely
- 1 Cup crumbled Greek feta
- 1 bunch flat-leaf spinach, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
Bring a salted pot of water to a boil over high heat. Boil the orzo until just cooked. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Bring to room temperature prior to serving.