Greek Sandwich Bites Recipe
Tiny bite-sized wonders, these individual sandwiches will have your guests swooning for more.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Italian bread (½-inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Drain. Stir in the feta, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Spread over 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted, turning once. Cut each sandwich into quarters.