Feta is Greek for "piece" or "slice," and refers to an important step in the process of making this delicious cheese. Adding this traditional Greek ingredient to a flatbread filled with olives and other fresh vegetables makes for a nutritious dinner option.
- 2 4-ounce oblong flatbreads, cut crosswise in half
- 1/4 Cup cup sliced drained marinated artichoke hearts, with 1 teaspoon reserved artichoke marinade
- 1 Cup ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons halved pitted kalamata olives
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread pieces in single layer on baking sheet; brush with reserved artichoke marinade. Top with cheese, tomatoes, artichokes and olives. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until heated through. Top with onions and parsley.