Nothing sums up the thrill of fall better than Charles Schultz’ masterpiece “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.” In lieu of the show, Jim Meehan offers you a seasonal flip in its place: kind of like Lucy picking up the football before Charlie Brown kicks it.
Adapted from PDT's Jim Meehan
- 2 ounces Southampton Pumpkin Ale
- 1 ounce Rittenhouse Bonded Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
- ½ ounce Deep Mountain Grade B Maple syrup
- Whole Egg
- Freshly-grated nutmeg, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and dry shake. Then add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled highball glass and garnish with grated nutmeg.