Great Pumpkin Cocktail Recipe
Nothing sums up the thrill of fall better than Charles Schultz’ masterpiece “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.” In lieu of the show, Jim Meehan offers you a seasonal flip in its place: kind of like Lucy picking up the football before Charlie Brown kicks it.
Adapted from PDT's Jim Meehan
- 2 ounces Southampton Pumpkin Ale
- 1 ounce Rittenhouse Bonded Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
- ½ ounce Deep Mountain Grade B Maple syrup
- Whole Egg
- Freshly-grated nutmeg, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and dry shake. Then add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled highball glass and garnish with grated nutmeg.