Grape, Cheddar, and Jicama Skewers with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce
Here's a delicious, fun-to-make snack that's a great way to involve the kids in the kitchen. The best part is, there's no actual cooking involved, so it's great for those sweltering summer days when turning on the stove seems like the last thing anyone would want to do.
See all appetizer recipes.
*Note: Can substitute 1/3 large English cucumber, seeded and cut into ½-inch chunks if jicama is difficult to find.
- 24 green grapes
- 6 Ounces mild Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 large jicama root, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes*
- 1/2 Cup low-fat, plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 Teaspoons lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
Place the grapes, Cheddar, and jicama onto eight 10-inch wooden skewers, alternating them until there are 3 of each item on each skewer. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Serve the skewers with the sauce for dipping.