- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound gramigna pasta
- 1-1 ½ pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 15 ½-ounce can of tomatoes
- 1 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Stir in the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
In a medium sauté pan, brown the crumbled sausage over medium-high heat, stirring often. Remove to a bowl and set aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of excess drippings from pan; add the olive oil, onion, carrot, and parsley and cook until goldenbrown. Return the browned sausage to pan, add the minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the cloves, tomato paste, and half of the white wine. Simmer until the wine has evaporated; about 8-10 minutes. Add the remaining wine and tomatoes. Simmer for another 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. When the pasta is cooked until al dente, drain and toss with the sausage ragù. Top with Parmigiano cheese and serve.